TOP KITCHEN TRENDS FOR 2018
There are few people with more experience in kitchen renovations than Dee Purvey, Pre-start selections consultant for Addstyle Master Builders, Western Australia’s most awarded home renovation builder. Dee has spent years guiding and advising hundreds of Perth clients through kitchen renovations, remodels and new construction. Her finger is firmly on the pulse when it comes to new products and trends. So, what does Dee consider the top kitchen trends and products to look out for in 2018?
1. Anti-Fingerprint laminates: “This is a complete game changer, that we have been waiting years for” says Dee of the new laminate range by Polytec. The “Venette” range is fabricated from new, state-of-the-art technology that repels fingerprints. Think of the time you’ll save trying to polish out those pesky and unattractive finger marks.
2. Caesarstone reconstituted concrete range: “This is everything we love about the industrial, concrete look but better, warmer, cleaner” claims Dee. This look has been gaining popularity over the past few years and with new releases such as ‘Rugged Concrete‘, ‘Georgian Bluff’ and ‘Urban’, it’s sure to continue to trend.
3. Metallic laminates: “Polytec are reinventing laminates as we know them” and another of their latest releases proves it. Their ‘Leaf Matt’ metallic range come in Rose Gold, Brass, Copper and Platinum. “These will definitely help create ‘wow’ factor in a kitchen” says Dee.
4. Space Savers: “There is so much innovation in cabinetry and much of the focus is on space-saving”. Dee’s favourite space saver trend being…”Hidden wine storage inside the kick-boards”. Why didn’t we think of this sooner?!
5. Integration: “Minimalism is key” advises Dee. Integration is no longer just a way to hide the fridge and dishwasher, “We’re now seeing integrated stone sinks, dish racks and herb gardens” says Dee. “However my favourite ideas are integrated bench-top extenders and steps hidden inside drawers, to help us reach those extra high overheads”.